Guidelines for Resuming Services in the Church Building
Constant Contact emails with Sunday Worship are continuing even though our in-person services have resumed. If you have an email address and would like to receive our worship links, please forward your email to Rev. Dave: firstname.lastname@example.org; cell, (603) 545-8990.
If you would like to receive the worship material by mail, contact Rev. Dave. The Sunday Worship will also be posted on our church website: www.pittsfieldcc.org and our Facebook page. Ω
As we return to worship in the church building the following guidelines will be put in place:
· Signage will remind us of 6’ social distance, hand washing, and COVID-19 symptoms.
· Seating in the sanctuary will be in a zigzag pattern, skipping every other pew, to maintain 40% building occupancy directed by State Guidelines.
· Ingress and egress will be at designated doors and monitored by members of the Diaconate. Enter through the front doors only, except disabled – back door. Parking lot will be open – use safe distancing.
· Wearing of facemasks will be encouraged but not mandatory. Some masks will be available.
· Sanitizer will be available at the entry and exit doors.
· The church bus will not run as of now, and there is no choir or Fellowship Hour.
· Communion will be offered the first Sunday of every month as usual, but we will be using individually packaged elements that each congregant will pick up upon entry to the church.
· Containers will be placed at exit doors for placement of your tithes and offerings.
· The sanctuary and bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized soon after use.
Change in Bible Study – the Bible Study will meet March 3 instead of March 1, and then not again until Monday, March 29. Ω
Upcoming Holy Week Services
First Congregational Church, 24 Main St., will hold a Palm Sunday Service on March 28 at 10 a.m. The JuBellation Handbell Choir will provide special music and palms will be distributed. A special Maundy Thursday worship service, including Holy Communion, commemorating the "Last Supper" of Jesus, will be held April 1 at 7 p.m. On Easter Sunday, April 4, the traditional Easter worship service will be held at 10 a.m.
There will be no sunrise service or Easter breakfast this year. Please wear a mask, stay distanced and follow ushers' instructions for all services.
There is additional parking, as well as a wheelchair accessible entrance, at the rear of the church on Chestnut Street.
For more information, call the church office at 435-7471 and speak with Rev. David Stasiak.